Saturday, October 11, 2008

Breakthrough!

I had an “aha!” moment when the person I was facilitating the course for told me, “Buti ka pa, you got me.” We were trying to figure out where a limiting money belief started. He told me a specific childhood experience then he stopped abruptly. Sensing that that was it, I summarized his story into one sentence and asked him if I got it right. His eyes widened and agreed. That was my “Aha!” moment – my breakthrough. His statement actually surprised me. I finally got it. I was finally listening.

I was listening with the intent to understand beyond what is being said. Not merely listening to come back with a smart answer. That moment, I took out everything that is cluttering my mind to give this stranger the space to dump his garbage. I was in “the zone.” I smiled. Deep in my heart, I want more of these moments. He’ll never know the breakthrough his comment gave me. I am grateful for it. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I hope you got that.

No comments: