Saturday, October 11, 2008

Dream Stealers

Achieving our dreams is our responsibility. The indication when a dream is worth pursuing is when dream stealers start to gather around you. Dream stealers are not bad people; they are mostly those who love us (Although there are those who hate to see us succeed). They are just concerned that we might get hurt or fail. I had several of them when I declared that I am going to be an entrepreneur so I could put up a free learning center for kids. It was tough in the beginning because these people are the ones I’m counting on for support. I am also not used to being questioned (read: interrogated) for the choices I make.

I stepped into the unknown world of entrepreneurship in faith. Since the day I made my choice, I never looked back. I admit there are times I get tired and think of quitting. But my dream of putting up that learning center brings me back to my senses. Today I have grown a lot personally because of that choice. I still don’t have that learning center but I know I’m getting there. It’s just a matter of time. My dream stealers? They’re still there, watching and waiting. I have learned to coexist with them. All I know is that I’ll pick every stone they throw at me and use it to build my learning center.

"Tuparin ang mga pangarap. Obligasyon mo yan sa sarili mo. Kung gusto mo mang kumain ng balde-baldeng lupa para malagay ka sa Guinness Book of World Records at maipagmalaki ng bansa natin, sige lang….wag mong pansinin ang sasabihin ng mga taong susubok humarang sa'yo.” - Bob Ong

No comments: